Windows 7 Release Date And Release Candidate News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Windows 7 Release Date And Release Candidate News

The Windows 7 Release Candidate has been made available by Microsoft for Technet and MSDN subscribers. Users with a subscription can go to the Technet or MSDN portal and download the release candidate of the upcoming Microsoft operating system where it is available as a 32-bit and 64-bit download. The public availability of the release candidate is expected on May 5 when users from all over the world will have the opportunity to download and test the Windows 7 Release Candidate.
The following links point directly to the release candidates at both the MSDN and Technet websites.

Technet 32-bit
Technet 64-bit
MSDN 32-bit
MSDN 64-bit

Probably even more important than the availability of the release candidate is the confirmation that Windows 7 will be released in the Holiday season by Microsoft Senior Vice President Bill Veghte. The release date was one of the best kept secrets with rumors ranging from an early 2009 to a late 2010 release. This essentially means that Microsoft will release the next Windows operating system in about six months.

Funny i have been calling for a Nov release for a while now. :p

Funny i have been calling for a Nov release for a while now. :p
Late October / Early November is normally the month they MS goes for OS releases. It's really good for Christmas Sales.

I wonder if MS is going to be doing another "Free upgrade" period again. The problem is this. When ever there is a new OS just around the corner, at lot of end users dealy thier computer purchases with that mentality of "Newer is better"

The problem with Vista being delayied to January was that a lot of people held off from thier Christmas Period purchases. Even with the promise of a free upgrade to vista.

That's good news. I'll probably stick with Vista for a while until most of the bugs are worked out of 7, Vista seems to run pretty good imo. I've done some changes to it, but seems pretty good nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom