Windows 7 Public Beta Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know if anyone had this problem, i didn't read all 30 pages.

I installed the Beta, but I can't get the **** thing to connect to the internet. it keeps asking me for a username and password. it is wired straight into my router, I should not have it type in a password. I shouldn't even have to do anything, just plug and play like always.

what do I have to do?

My win 7 version boots awfully slow. Is that the case for anyone else? It takes my PC from pushing start button on PC to actual desktop 3 min and 50 secs. When I first push on start button I get to a blinking cursor and it stays there for 2 minutes. Anyone know why this is happening?

Also, is it OK to remove "send feedback" from where it is listed or do we have to keep it? I don't see a need for it. Please let me know.

thanks
Mine boots in like 25 seconds.

No you can remove it.
don't know if anyone had this problem, i didn't read all 30 pages.

I installed the Beta, but I can't get the **** thing to connect to the internet. it keeps asking me for a username and password. it is wired straight into my router, I should not have it type in a password. I shouldn't even have to do anything, just plug and play like always.

what do I have to do?

It is still a OS. You still have to get working drivers for the system. Try to install the ethernet adapter drivers.

Your Printer is most likely causing the slow down. Remove it then try to boot.

What do you mean Files and Folder? The area to change how they work?

Open Computer>Organize>Folder and Search Options.

Can also use the Keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+T the Folder Options.

Your Printer is most likely causing the slow down. Remove it then try to boot.

What do you mean Files and Folder? The area to change how they work?

Open Computer>Organize>Folder and Search Options.

Can also use the Keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+T the Folder Options.

Unhooked printer but had same results after reboot. If you can think of anything else it could be please let me know.

What I mean about file or folder. Say you created a doc but you can't remember where you stored it but you knew the name of it. I would use the option of search file or folders and search fot it that way. I can't seem to find that option in win 7. Any idea where it is located?

thanks Mak.

There is a Search bar located in Every Window. It is near the Close button. Can also use the Search feature from the Start Menu. Unless you put the Classic menu on.

I am not sure what the Classic theme offers. I dont use it.

Installed Win 7 Beta 1 7000.

32bit installed fine on my network but when installing x64 on my main machine it would not allow a custom install, it only allowed the upgrade

When I tried to do a custom install it errored a few different times one on the boot from DVD and from whithin Vista 64 launch. I tried to DL the ISO 2 times and burned them using 2 dif Image burn apps, and ended up with the same results.

any idea's?

(System stats are in my Sig)

The error happens before the drive install choice, I will test it again tomorrow and write down the code message.

EDIT: the error code that I receive when installing from a boot from DVD, is : 0XE0000100

Mak, Any ideas why mine is staying at a cursor blinking for 2 minutes before bootup continues?

thanks

Mak, Here is what I see in event viewer:

At startup and in event viewer I see this error (The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: SASDIFSV, SASKUTIL). After a half an hour into using PC I get this error (The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.) 2.5 hours into use of PC I see this error (The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit.)

Those are the errors I see. Could any of this cause my slow startup? If so, can any be fixed? If so, how please. I appreciate any help given.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom