Windows 7 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy

Baseband Member
Hi guys. I am trying to install windows seven onto a family friends computer and seem to be a having a problem. When I go through the installation, it goes through the first two processes and then gets to "expanding windows files" and gets about 20% through and then says windows needs to restart you computer and then freezes there. I have retried many times and still gets to this part and same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Fozzy.

How much RAM is there ? You have to have at least 2GB minimum to even think about installing Windows 7. Also, what are you upgrading the machine from (what operating system) ?

It has 2gb of ram and I am updating from vista home premium. Its starting to do my head in.

Do you have a Anti-Virus, Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools installed within Vista? If so there is your problem. Having those tools installed before you start the upgrade can cause it to fail.

The dvd is fine, however there is norton installed on the lappy. Could this really be the problem.

Is this a burnt DVD or from the manufacturer? If you burn the dvd too fast the files won't copy over right and will get stuck at expanding files (exact same thing happen to me). I had to burn the ISO at 2x speed for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom