Windows 7 price drop?

danhodge

In Runtime
Maybe this is me being super hopeful, but since Windows 8 is coming out soon, does anyone know if there will be any sales of Windows 7?

Even if not by Microsoft - the companies like PC world and Curries must have a bit of leftover they want to get rid of, and i doubt they will keep selling it after Windows 8 appears.

So, is there any chance i can pick up a copy of Windows 7 any time soon?

No there is not going to be any sale on Windows 7. If companies wish to put it on sale that is their choice there is no official markdown being offered by Microsoft so if companies choose to do it they are doing it to take the loss themselves.

You can pick up a copy anytime you want, but you wont be doing it at a discount.

ms would like to encourage users to choose win8 to promote new os.
so i think there wouldn't be any sale on win7.

Yes Windows 8 upgrade will be $39.99 till January 31, 2013 and it will be $69.99 to buy the full version during that time.

Source

Starting at general availability, if your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets. And if you want, you can add Windows Media Center for free through the “add features” option within Windows 8 Pro after your upgrade.

If you prefer to shop at a local store, a packaged DVD version of the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro will be available for $69.99 during this promotion.

The thing is, i don't like the look of Windows 8, so i was hoping to get the old OS for cheaper - being the old software that it is.

But I'm on Vista now, so i may aswell go for the Windows 8 upgrade.

Well windows 7 is basically the same as Vista but with some minor tweaks and changes. Like the start menu and how much RAM it uses etc

Back
Top Bottom