Windows 7 Network Icon

TaylerR

Solid State Member
I have a dell optiplex 780 SFF and its integrated network card failed so i installed a new wireless network card myself and got connected perfectly but the network icon in the corner is still showing grey with a yellow star meaning no connections available even though i'm connected and i believe its also causing some of the games i play to tell me i'm not connected to the internet even though i am. Any solutions?:annoyed:

i am connected to the internet and getting my normal speed. yet that icon is still with a yellow star.

go into your bios and see if you can disable the on board ethernet. (it might show as LAN or NIC device in your bios) That little icon might be your on board ethernet and not the add on card you installed

Last edited:
done it already. All other adapters are disabled and the icon is still showing a yellow star.

Have you made sure your drivers are updated? I assume you would of..

Try and uninstall your adaptor in device manager and reboot and reinstall

Last edited:
after re-installing the wireless card twice it seems to have fixed it on the third try even though it didn't the first 2 times which is unusual but i seem to have the connection drop out and to reconnect to the network often so ill have a look into that and see if i can fix it. Thank you everyone for all your help i appreciate it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom