Windows 7 Network Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICThomson

Beta member
Hello there,

I've got a problem connecting a Lenovo Z560 laptop to the internet. I'm only having this problem when running through my works network, If I connect it to an outside internet line it works all fine. I've disabled the Ipv6 as I read that might have something to do with it, but alas this still hasn't worked. It connects to the local network, but It doesn't get an outside line. Anyone got any suggestions? Someone suggested that something needs to be added in the registry to get it working, but I've been looking and haven't found the right info. Can anyone help me please? :)

Thanks

It's more than likely because it's your work and not a home network. Do any other personal devices work on your office network?

My work blocks anything from getting an IP address that isn't a registered part of the domain. Your work may have something similar so that other devices that aren't compliant with your security policies can't connect.

Other computers were working fine. No joke I spent about 8 hours today trawling through Google for solutions, tried a ridiculous amount of different things. Had two other techies with me trying to figure it out. Then we tried one last thing.

Opened up command prompt.

Type this: ip /release

Then disable the adapter and re-enable it. Boom. Works. We were kicking ourselves at how simple it was after looking through a large array of complicated steps. I feel stupid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom