Windows 7 'missing driver' (SSD)

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
So I am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 onto my new SSD but the 'Missing Driver' message pops up. I honestly don't remember having this much trouble the first time around when installing onto my HDD. Do I need to clean/format the drive before it is usable despite installing the OS on it?

I did check the UEFI/boot menu and used system browse to see if the SSD was being picked up, and it was. Only I can't see it when selecting the drive to install to.

Win7 is burnt onto a CD/DVD and its set to boot off of the CD/DVD drive atm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Restarting the windows installation over, I now noticed that it is asking for CD/DVD drivers and not the SSD. I guess my optical drive isn't getting along with the installation software?

My optical drive:
Samsung SATA Model SH-224BB

Currently searching the web for a safe place to download.
Gonna try my mobo disk again and see if it has any CD driver files as I was looking for SATA related ones last time.

Update:
I did manage to find the manufacturers website about an hour back and tried installing the drivers via a USB device. No luck.

Going to try and create a bootable USB device and skip the CD portion altogether for now. Can't quite figure out how to do it without the initial set-up CD (since I only have an ISO). Most sites are recommending to use 3rd party software. Gonna try one called RUFUS and just hope it isn't filled with malware for now.

Update:
I did manage to find the manufacturers website about an hour back and tried installing the drivers via a USB device. No luck.

Going to try and create a bootable USB device and skip the CD portion altogether for now. Can't quite figure out how to do it without the initial set-up CD (since I only have an ISO). Most sites are recommending to use 3rd party software. Gonna try one called RUFUS and just hope it isn't filled with malware for now.

Microsoft makes an official USB tool for Win7/8/10:
Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

Microsoft makes an official USB tool for Win7/8/10:
Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

I'll give that one a try later. Kind of frustrated myself into throwing in the towel atm, will continue later on.

update:
Rufus didn't work and researching the issue was that the ISO I have was missing certain files which 'supposedly' is related to the issue I was having in the beginning? Not sure. Tried to re-download the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 from the site you linked but it appears to have been taken down. Other sites I have found redirect to that same page and I didn't realize it before.

Attempted the Microsoft Software recovery site they had where I had to enter my product number (I checked the site ensuring it was Microsoft) but kept error'ing out.

If it is the ISO, may need to get a whole new OS which I didn't want to do. Will find out more after the USB trial. I guess I could also just say F it and clone the drive, but still would prefer a clean install.

Is it possible to clone JUST the OS onto the SSD by chance?

Edit of an update:
Forgot to mention, somehow during the process of installing, uninstalling hardware (or could of been a while back as well and didn't notice), my top fan has stopped. Still feel it pulse every now and then as if it's trying to start up. Double checked the cable and it seems fine. Didn't touch anything else so wondering what made it stop. Could be dust although there isn't much on it. Will still put a can to it later as well.

Last edited:
It's not unusual to get "missing files" errors during an install if your dvd disk is dirty or scratched. I hope you ment dvd drive because Windows 7 won't fit on a cd and you can't use a dvd disk in a cd drive

Are you trying to get the Win7 ISO from here?
[Legal Download: Windows 7 with SP1, 13 languages

I did try after the link you gave on the other thread led to a removed page. I tried using that one and realized that it led to the same page you linked. Meaning I can't get it from there anymore :p

It's not unusual to get "missing files" errors during an install if your dvd disk is dirty or scratched. I hope you ment dvd drive because Windows 7 won't fit on a cd and you can't use a dvd disk in a cd drive
My mistake. It is a CD/DVD drive and yes I did put it on a DVD disk.

I did try after the link you gave on the other thread led to a removed page. I tried using that one and realized that it led to the same page you linked. Meaning I can't get it from there anymore :p

My mistake. It is a CD/DVD drive and yes I did put it on a DVD disk.

The Digital River links tend to go down sometimes.

PM me if you need a link to a replacement ISO - and what for what version of Win7.

Back
Top Bottom