windows 7 internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I just installed a fresh copy of 7 premium, and I have noticed with IE and firefox that the browser speed is much slower than when I had xp. any help? thanks

Have you reset your router? Have you got the proper drivers? Have you checked your modem?

Yes, there are no more updates. I can't reset any router because I'm at a college university lol.

Well then are you sure that it isnt cause of all the people connected to the network then? Why so quick to blame Win7 when you are at a uni with thousands of people all accessing the net at the same time? There is not going to be a way for your to sit here and say for sure that it is Win7 in that situation without being able to isolate yourself for testing.

Well look at the additional information.

It was a Monday night, when there are few to no classes. How many people would be accessing the internet all using the Uni connection at that time? Especially those involved with Fantasy Football as the Monday Night Game was going on at the time.

So yeah i would say for sure that it is the connection over Win7. At certain times there is going to be a slow period cause people are not in class and are usin the net more. It is just the way of things at a Uni.

I can tell you from many years experience that there is no difference. XP/Vista/Win7 all show the same speed on the same machine. Only time i ever noticed a difference, when there was something affecting my network overall such as a down line, router needing reset and so on. As far as the OS itself is concerned, there is no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom