Windows 7 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
I just ordered my parts yesterday so they should be here next week some time. I plan on using windows 7 RC as the OS until that expires.

But from looking through how to install it, it seems sort of complicated. I downloaded it already but don't have a DVD to put it on yet. I'll have to pick some up tomorrow. I'd just like to know exactly what to do to the .Iso file, the microsoft instructions said something about downloading a program so you can burn the .iso image to a disk. The only time I've ever used .Iso's is with Deamon tools, which is rather simple.

Just looking for advice/instruction on what to do with windows 7. So I can just pop the disk in once everything gets here and be ready to go.

Ya, its just a basic installation...

But you need to burn that ISO to a disk using a disk creation program, like Nero or Image Burn. Or use any program that has a feature that allows you to burn an Image or iso to a Disk

EDIT: Btw I'm moving this to Windows

You need to first burn the ISO to a blank DVD. You can do that with ImgBurn. Once that's done you need to boot to the DVD then it will walk you through the installation process.

If your mobo supports booting from an external source you can use a flash drive to install (all new mobos can do it... mine is old and could do it). Search for it here on T-F as I have posted it up a couple of times. I think it is in the Win7 thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom