Windows 7 install problems

skatrrklamp

Solid State Member
I just upgraded my pc recently, and I'm having a problem getting windows 7 x64 to install. When I get to the screen that says install now it tells me I don't have the drivers for my cd/dvd player.

I'm pretty new to using sata devices so I'm not sure if maybe I have the cd player in the wrong sata port. I have 6 sata ports on the motherboard along with 1 e-sata port, off by itself. I've tried plugging the cd player in to e-sata port which seemed to get me the best results.

Another thing when I do try to get windows to boot after the POST screen it seems to take a very long time, anyway here is what I am working with:
- Asus Crosshair V Formula
- AMD FX 8160 8 core processor
- Geforce 660ti 2gb video card
- 8gb ram

If you need anymore info just let me know, thanks!

Is this a disc you burned yourself or one that came with your computer to reinstall? If it's the former, then reburn or re-download the file, and check the MD5 sum of the file. If it's the latter, then you'll need to get a replacement disk.

i have never tried boot via e-sata, but sata slot 0 is the default boot position as far as i know,
other issues i had when burning my own dvd, is that the brand of dvd gave different results as well as the burn speed,

are you getting stuck at a specific point in the install?

i have never tried boot via e-sata, but sata slot 0 is the default boot position as far as i know,
other issues i had when burning my own dvd, is that the brand of dvd gave different results as well as the burn speed,

are you getting stuck at a specific point in the install?

I'm sorry I haven't been back in a couple of days, I actually got it working, I just had to re-burn the disc and it worked perfectly with no problems, thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom