WIndows 7 for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Is windows 7 a good OS with gaming in mind? I dont expect it to be as good as an x-box. But if you have a decent spec, can you get some good gaming through it?

It's just like any OS, depends on your specs, and what's running in the background, but I have no issues running any game on either 32 or 64 bit Windows 7 home (or PRO)

It's more about the hardware the OS is running on, not the OS. Win 7 is as stable as you are going to get, so ensure you have good hardware and you won't have a problem.

It's more about the hardware the OS is running on, not the OS. Win 7 is as stable as you are going to get, so ensure you have good hardware and you won't have a problem.

Yeah the guts of your PC are way more important than the OS for gaming. You should be able to run games fine on Windows 7 as long as your hardware is able.

I've got a HP Pavilion g6 notebook. 2.40 gigahertz intel core i3 M370 - multi-core (2 total) hyper threaded (4 total). 6gb ram. im guessing the graphics card is built-in, so not sure what kind it would be. is this a decent spec for gaming?

What games? You can run basic games fine. But your not going to be able to play Crysis on high settings with that.

It would mainly be strategy games like football manager and civilisation. I was wondering what my machine would be capable of graphics wise. Obviously nothing compared to an x-box. I thought that windows 7 could give you the platform to play anything but obviously not.

Well we cant tell you what it would be capable of graphic wise. We have no idea what machine you have or its internals. So for us to tell you would be like trying to play psychic for the world. Check your System Information by just typing in System into the Start Menu to see what it says under Compoments>Display and that will tell you much more information than anyone here can.

Windows 7 is just the Operating System. It isnt a gaming platform, it isnt made for gaming. It is made to operate the PC. The games are developed to operate within the OS, not the other way around like a console. I dont know why you would think that it would be anything like a console, when it is a PC. Games are no different than any other piece of software for a PC. It doesnt matter if it is Windows 95 or Windows 2095. The software will be designed for the OS, not the other way around. There is no comparison from PC to Console. They are 2 completely different platforms just like Windows is to OS X is to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom