Windows 7 Free For One Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows 7 Free For One Year

If you have avoided using a betas and release candidate software because of short trial periods or limited functionality, toss those worries aside and give Windows 7 RC1 a try for a year. Yup, on Cinco de Mayo you'll be able to try Windows 7 RC1 until June 1, 2010. Nice.

Microsoft Corp. will let users run Windows 7 RC1 for more than a year, giving them free use of the new operating system for a significantly longer time than it did Vista's previews. Windows 7 RC, slated for download by MSDN and TechNet subscribers Thursday and by the general public on May 5, doesn't expire until June 1, 2010, 13 months from Friday, Microsoft confirmed Thursday.

I wonder whether it will be a pain to get a year's worth. I wonder if it will just expire in June 2010 or if we'll have to do something to keep resetting it until then.

Either way, that's pretty awesome. If I can use it for a year, I might give in and dual boot.

Should be just a valid copy for a year, since its a Release Candidate. As long as you have one of the valid serials you should be fine.

I read that starting March 1, 2010, the RC will begin bi-hourly shutdowns. So it's not actually the full 13 months without having to deal with that.

Still, 10 months is pretty good.

I read that starting March 1, 2010, the RC will begin bi-hourly shutdowns. So it's not actually the full 13 months without having to deal with that.

Still, 10 months is pretty good.

Yes this is true. As of June First it will not even accept the serial anymore. At that point it will be DOA.

I might stick this on my other box.

I wonder if this means for the next 12 months I am going to have little turdlettes coming into my computer shop behaving like they are so cool just because they are running windows 7 before the rest of the world.

I wouldnt count on it. M$ Plans on having this out by the Holiday Season. So they wont be that cool.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom