Windows 7 Folder Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
Now that I've got all my program and stuff running fine on 7 I decided to beautify my desktop a bit, clean it up. For Rainmeter I need a path to my pictures and the folders inside, but I can't get it to work :/. With XP you could just copy the path from the top of the browser no problems, guaranteed to be right. But there isn't that bar with 7, just the stupid Internet explorer like bar, which is useless.

Is there any shortcut to finding paths or should I just keep guessing and typing them out? Rather annoying aspect of 7, considering everything else works quiet well and the UAC was easy to find and turn off.

Edit: I got it to work finally, still it'd be nice to have a copy\paste option for other stuff. Here's my desktop almost done, have to shop out that hard line on the top though.
2q8opsj.png

Actually it isn't useless with the way it is now. Just navigate to where your pictures are and cling the address bar. It will highlight and give you the path just as it needs to be. Example would be opera profile.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Opera

It is really quite simple to work with. It will change to the pah if you just click the bar.

Oh ok I get it now, its called the address instead of path.. I'm just thinking backwards :/.

I can understand that the terminology might be different. But it still operates almost the same way. It is just Vista/Win7 show it differently than XP at first. If you click the area you will see it is the same as if you were in XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom