Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Yeah it was on my end.. had to switch from Firefox to IE and was much fater.. I am on Win 7 RC build 7100 x64 as I type this.. I like it better than the Beta build,, everything seems to work better. but of corse Media center doesn't like my TV tuner..

For some reason my laptop boots up slower than with the beta, it sits at a black screen with just the mouse pointer for about 7 more seconds.

Yeah it was on my end.. had to switch from Firefox to IE and was much fater.. I am on Win 7 RC build 7100 x64 as I type this.. I like it better than the Beta build,, everything seems to work better. but of corse Media center doesn't like my TV tuner..

That's weird. IE kept locking up on me, sometimes to the point of having to do a hard reset. I thought it was the general bugginess of Win7 until I realized that it was mostly happening only with IE. So I installed Firefox, and I'm not having anymore trouble, so far.

Just finished downloading, will get it going Monday. This will be a big change for me because I have always ran XP, I have never owned a vista machine and barely have had the chance to use it until yesterday at work I was given a different computer and it is running vista but unfortunately, in Spanish. I guess I will be skipping the vista experience all together but that is fine by me..

I finally got the RC installed yasterday and no problems as of yet, However I decided to try some gaming on the RC that I didn't do on the Beta with CODWAW and for some reason I can't get it to work too well. Didn't spend too much time playing with it but I think I'll uninstall it and try it again. Seemed to work ok until I put the patches in so it might be the patches that have the issue. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Dauntae

will 50-60gb be enough to use windows 7 and just use basic appclications?

Depends what you mean by basic. I'm using ~17.7GB right now with several of my 'basic' programs installed.

Depends what you mean by basic. I'm using ~17.7GB right now with several of my 'basic' programs installed.

oh i think i shud be fine then.
thanks
might try this tonight then.
i guess i'll spare 40gb or maybe even less then...

will 50-60gb be enough to use windows 7 and just use basic appclications?

I installed Windows 7, MS Office 2007, Acemoney, Firefox, e-Sword with a lot of modules, drivers, and some other specialized presentation software, and it's only taking up 24GB. But I am using my Vista partition for all of my Documents, Music, etc.

Back
Top Bottom