Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Yes so much to read. But we provide these things for a reason. So that you dont have to continue to ask questions which already have answers posted about. We have taken our time to make such topics, we have taken the time to read your posts. Is it asking to much that you take the time to read the information provided?

Sorry taking the thread OT.

Yes so much to read. But we provide these things for a reason. So that you dont have to continue to ask questions which already have answers posted about. We have taken our time to make such topics, we have taken the time to read your posts. Is it asking to much that you take the time to read the information provided?

Sorry taking the thread OT.

i know i know, i wasn't complaining...
read it all though so thanks.

Windows 7 RTM Fix for Batch Deletion of over 1,000 Files Simultaneously

The items will be sent to the Recycle Bin instead of being permanently lost

Microsoft has resolved a bug in the latest versions of the Windows client and server operating system that caused the permanent removal of files when users attempted to send over 1,000 items simultaneously to the Recycle Bin. The default behavior of Windows 7 RTM and in Windows Server 2008 R2 is to move deleted files to the Recycle Bin, and allow users to easily restore items if need be. This detail is a tactic to prevent the accidental loss of files, by making complete removal a two-step process, designed to permit customers to recover files, in case they change their mind.

“On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, you try to delete more than 1000 files in a single batch. However, all the files are deleted permanently and do not go into Recycle Bin as expected. This issue does not occur when you delete the files one by one,” Microsoft informed.

The real problem in this regard is the fact that Windows 7 RTM does not warn customers of the fact that the files are permanently deleted. As a general rule, users can set a certain amount of space for the Recycle Bin. Individual files or a mass of items that are larger than the storage of the Recycle Bin will cause Windows 7 to display a warning message, informing customers that a certain deletion action will result in the permanent removal of the files, skipping their transition to the Recycle Bin.

Customers affected by this issue can resolve it by applying the April 2010 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The refresh was made available on April 27th, 2010, and is currently available for download from Microsoft Support. As I told you yesterday, the update in question deals with a range of issues in addition to the problem described in this article.

Here are the download links for the April 2010 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2:

- all supported x86-based versions of Windows 7
- all supported x64-based versions of Windows 7
- all supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2
- all supported IA-64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2

since i got 64 bit installed, a whole bunch of games i'm trying to install are getting corrupt file errors during the install
or they just quit half way...they worked fine on 32 bit...
its really annoying but i was wondering if you guys had an idea of why this is happening...

Did you check the Compatibility Center created by Microsoft to see if they would work? It is on the very first page.

Did you check the sites of the games and see if there was a patch needed to run on 64 Bit or see if there was issues with specific drivers?

Did you check the sites of the games and see if there was a patch needed to run on 64 Bit or see if there was issues with specific drivers?

i've been looking around for 2 days know. looked at a bunch of forums...
no one has a fix figured out or i guess no one really knows what the problem is.

I got gta iv to finally work, now i'm gonna see what i can do with the rest
thanks

EDIT!!! New stuff

Btw since this thread is about how amazing win 7 is or pc i guess
I just flew with a girl who had her mac book crash on her plus her iphone and she had stuff backed up on both those so she lost everything and the hdd were dead...
thought it was funny since mac ppl talk about their glorious products that never crash!

Have you tried Compatibility Mode with the games? I give instructions for that in the first post as well. What games are they?

Have you tried Compatibility Mode with the games? I give instructions for that in the first post as well. What games are they?

so far COD mf2
brothers in arms hells highway
bia hh starts extracting then just quits...

tried compatibility mode already

Interesting...pls take a look
what i've been getting are CRC errors while installing the games saying the file is corrupt
i did some research and this is what i found so far

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/79486-crc-errors.html

Back
Top Bottom