Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

that sucks...guess im going back to regular firefox cos thats the main one i need
plus recently the regular firefox has been crashing a LOT

I installed Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium OEM on my Seagate 1TB 7200.12 HDD. I tried partitioning it so the OS is one a smaller partition but that didnt work out too well. I had no choice but keep it all on one. Was hard for partitioning but installing n getting it up n running was surprisingly easy! Simplified to do anything! I already transferred my stuff. I just need to reinstall games now. Windows 7 FTW!

one problem i do have now is that i cannot access Windows Vista on my other HDD anymore. Gives me the 0x000008E error or 0x0000124 error. I cant really access the drive. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont, but i was able to read my 1TB external HDD n get my backup onto my PC at last. Before i reinstalled Windows 7 (remember, partitioning problem), the external HDD wasnt be read. This time it is.

question, which is better? AVG 9.0 Free or the Microsoft AV Essentials?

Question Luke,

Do you have WDDM or WHQL Certified drivers? If you are using the latest Beta drivers from nVidia that is why it isnt working. Need to have WDDM or WHQL certified drivers.

how can i find that out? The drivers i am using are the latest ones from nvidia's site...

how does this number tell me if the driver is certified like you said?

#= 8.16.11.9107 (<that's the only number on the tab)

i googled it but just got other crap.

That is the 191.07 Driver. Like i said, only the last 5 digits are the driver version. Check nvidia.com and you should see that those are the latest set of drivers. ;)

why cant i access my other hard drive that has Vista on it through Windows 7? I cant boot up Vista anymore. I thought i could dual boot or something. Idk. I had some slow downs with Vista on my old hard drive anyways.

From what i am reading, it isnt due to the install of Win7. Sounds like you had issues with Vista before the install of Win7. At what point does the BSoD occur? After you select the Vista entry or after it starts to load Vista?

I got a BSOD back in May or June i think, error 0x0000124, when i heavily played Crysis. Hardware error it says. Something about the PCI-E bus. Comes up every now n then when i try booting up Vista. SP2 was suppose to fix this but i got the error later on after i downloaded SP2, so i couldnt fix this without another reinstall. Couldnt do restore point either. 0x000008E refers to the motherboard resources. When i do get the the desktop, it boots up slow, making tabs in IE8 n kept on saying "Connecting..." n instead of loading. I cant be at 3.7GHz anymore due to the 0x0000124 error. I'm not getting it in Windows 7 thank goodness! Another error i got was logging off, restarting, or shut down. It took so long to do that! Wait like few minutes sometimes up to 5 minutes for it to do it's job! Uhh man im tired of reinstalling Vista.

im just glad that i was abe to backup all the important files on my dad's 1TB external HDD. Helped me a lot. Not going back to Vista ever. Though, i did like Vista better than XP.

Windows 7 Sales Exceed Vista by 234%

The numbers have been tallied by the folks at NPD and Windows 7 sales have so far exceeded Vista sales by 234%. It's still too early to make big predictions but that is definitely an impressive start.

According to the NPD groups' weekly tracking service, Windows 7 software unit sales in the U.S. increased 234% over Windows Vista's first few days of sales. "A combination of factors impacted Windows 7 PC sales at the outset, but the trajectory of overall PC sales is very strong leading into the holiday season," said Stephen Baker at NPD.

Back
Top Bottom