Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

I'm planning on saving up for a copy of win 7 although i'm not sure which version to get?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/compare

Windows 7 Editions Features Comparison My Digital Life

and

3489244754_78373bce82_o_d.png

thanks, i think i'll just go with ultimate even though i dont need some of those features...

Can also check the first page. I have edited it with a whole bunch of new info....

Okay 1st, dont believe that thing about Win7 SP1. It is not true. Microsoft internally has always used builds that differ from those that we have or use. Just because there is a screen shot that says 7650 and 7651 doesnt mean anything. They are easily internal builds for further development, updates or shockingly enough, could be faked. I mean how hard is it for someone to take a sceen shot with those folder names and claim Win7 SP1?

mikee,

In Safe Mode option up Windows Update and stop all updates. Cancel the install of them.

I looked in safe mode and cannot find any option like that. windows update doesn't appear in the control panel in safe mode.

Completely turning off updates in normal mode seems to fix the problem though but as son as I turn them back on the update downloads again and the problem starts all over again.

i apologize if this has already been answered, but i did not want to go digging threw 32 pages for a simple question.

I can't seem to get shake to work properly...what is the proper way to do it? and is there any way i can change the setting for it?

for me shake never really works the way I want it to. Even though it does minimize all other windows it puts the active window in the background making you have to click on it again to use the window.

i apologize if this has already been answered, but i did not want to go digging threw 32 pages for a simple question.

I can't seem to get shake to work properly...what is the proper way to do it? and is there any way i can change the setting for it?

what where you shaking? Some windows do not respond to it, like Steam won't for me. I think PS doesn't either.

Firefox isnt compatible with all the Aero effects yet. You would have to do it with Explorer or IE. Firefox with the Beta 3.6 is just starting to get some of the Aero goodies working. Like the multiple windows in the taskbar. If i would have known you were trying to use a program that isnt fully compatible i would have told you this before. :p

^i tried explorer as well, and just normal windows like document, pictures, my computer, etc...They all dont work that well....

Back
Top Bottom