Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Every time I start my laptop it keeps trying to do some windows update but ends up failing reverting changes. This is happening every time i start the computer and in the process it requires several reboots.

How can I completely abort this update so that it doesn't try to run every time I start my laptop?

I tested Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on a Pentium M (1.60Ghz), 512mb RAM, Onboard Intel GPU/Chipset; it runs great (330mb RAM usage aprox.), just a little laggy, but I think it is because of the processor.

Maybe system requirements are wrong?

i think ms is just playing it safe with the requirements so they don't get anymore lawsuits

it safe mode the update doesn't try to install but normal mode it does

Okay 1st, dont believe that thing about Win7 SP1. It is not true. Microsoft internally has always used builds that differ from those that we have or use. Just because there is a screen shot that says 7650 and 7651 doesnt mean anything. They are easily internal builds for further development, updates or shockingly enough, could be faked. I mean how hard is it for someone to take a sceen shot with those folder names and claim Win7 SP1?

mikee,

In Safe Mode option up Windows Update and stop all updates. Cancel the install of them.

I'm planning on saving up for a copy of win 7 although i'm not sure which version to get?

Back
Top Bottom