Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

I think someone found out a way to upgrade rc to retail. It involved changing something in a file to the build number of the release candidate to allow upgrade from rc.

I'll mention it here if I find out more. I have a feeling this exact question is on a lot of peoples minds.
Read below...
Yes. The reason is this. You have to copy the files to your hard drive, then modify the OS File Integrity check. That right there violates the EULA cause it is technically reverse engineering the product. You reverse engineer it to bypass the OS Check to allow it to go from Build 7100 (or 700) to 7600. Where the file not modified only allows for upgrades from Build 7399 and up. All of which never leaked or hit the public use.

Already answered and if posted will be removed! It goes against the EULA of Windows and therefor illegal.

Download error results in Free copies of Windows 7

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking advantage of the Windows 7 Student Offer! We appreciate you as a customer and want you to enjoy Windows 7. We understand you may have experienced an issue with your download immediately following the launch of Windows 7. Because of this, we will be refunding the entire amount of your order. You will see the refund on your credit card statement within 30 days. The software is yours to keep, along with the Backup DVD and/or the Extended Download Service you may have opted to purchase.
We are truly sorry for the delay in receiving your Windows 7 download; please let us know if you have additional questions regarding the download.

Kudos to Microsoft for trying to make amends for the issues. I dont see to many other companies willing to do stuff like that.

Personalization Gallery

Now the good thing about this. There are pre-done themes. Some of them, like the Gears of War themes, also have sounds. So GoW themes not only have some official wallpapers, but game sounds as well to replace Windows sounds. I would at least give them a shot.

Personalization Gallery

Now the good thing about this. There are pre-done themes. Some of them, like the Gears of War themes, also have sounds. So GoW themes not only have some official wallpapers, but game sounds as well to replace Windows sounds. I would at least give them a shot.

that is freakin awesome!

since i am waiting until my refund to come in from my bad 1TB Seagate 7200.12 HDD from ebay, i cannot wait to install Windows 7! I had a chance to mess around with it at Best Buy. Was a bit different but got use to it with a few of the new features. I'm loving it :p. I even tried a bit of the new Macs. The newest Macbook Pro has the best trackpad i have ever controlled! No need for a mouse im serious! Talk about quality right there!

I feel sorry for those running starter edition on netbooks, almost no personalization. Does starter even have the classic theme?

Windows 7 Compatibility Center Released

It has been just three days after the release of Microsoft's newest operating system Windows 7. It is definitely to early to call it a successful operating system launch but early reviews and reports from online retailers as Amazon seem to suggest that Microsoft
did a great job overall. Computer users who are thinking about switching to Windows 7 have several options at hand to evaluate if they computer hardware and software will run under the new operating system. They can opt for the rule of thumb method which suggests that almost every piece of hardware and software will run fine under Windows 7 if they are compatible with either Windows XP or Windows Vista.

Back
Top Bottom