Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

My w7 disc will be showing up any day now. Should I do a new install or upgrade? Is there any reason to do a fresh install over just a upgrade?

Currently have Vista 32, going to w7 64.

My w7 disc will be showing up any day now. Should I do a new install or upgrade? Is there any reason to do a fresh install over just a upgrade?

Currently have Vista 32, going to w7 64.

you cannot do an upgrade install from 32-bit to 64-bit. Clean Install will be required.

You will have to do a fresh install as you cannot upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit.

ok cool. Going to have to write down all these programs I need to install again. Thankfully most of my programs are on the slave drive so easy to remember

A clean install is always preferred. Upgrades are tricky even at the best of times.

OMG...i SOOOOOO want one. I wonder if they burned the Windows logo on each patty?

Chad711 said:
ok cool. Going to have to write down all these programs I need to install again. Thankfully most of my programs are on the slave drive so easy to remember
I use Belarc Advisor to generate a report with all installed programs on it. It will also pull your serials for Microsoft programs and all your hardware specs, too. Handy little app to have around.

And now I want a Whopper...

Thanks Trotter, rep'd u for that.

Does it locate for one drive or can you select which drives it searches?

Back
Top Bottom