Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

I would copy and paste. I dont trust the backup utility in Vista.

windows 7 is nice, xp is old. Win 7 occasionally have that brain freeze thing that vista always have but it's only every blue moonish so i can live with that.

how come my kid's computers have ergonomics tips like "you should take a break" and mine don't? do i need to enable that feature? how?

I believe that is a option for the standard user accounts not the Admin accounts. I dont have it on mine either. I wouldnt enable it unless you are like sitting in front of your PC for so long that you need a reminder to get off the thing. :p

I believe that is a option for the standard user accounts not the Admin accounts. I dont have it on mine either. I wouldnt enable it unless you are like sitting in front of your PC for so long that you need a reminder to get off the thing. :p

Hello.....

that's exactly me

As they should. One of the main focuses of Win7 was to be able to keep as many of the Vista Drivers as they could. Some devices require driver updates but for the most part the amount of devices needed new drivers now compared to the amount of devices needed new drivers in Vista should be under 10%.

This is one of the major factors why most people are saying that Win7 will not repeat what happened to Vista. The fact that out of the box it will have greater driver support is a big plus. Forget teh fact that most places are saying that Win7 is the best Windows Os to date. :p

I have to agree with both statements. The driver support is great and IMHO it is the best Windows to date.

Hey I used the magnifier once and now I can't get it off of windows when it start. it's annoying me now. what should I do to fix this

I do have one problem with 7. my 8 gig of ram has gotten me a lower score from performance test than 4 gig did. I had this same issue in vista. they need to drop 32 bit period (they have xp mode for that) so that everybody can focus on running their programs directly through the ram and saving it to the hdd. then and only then can we get our right benchmarks. it really doesn't even make any sense to buy more than 4 gig of ram right now.

I have a professional camera that takes pics at 21 megapixel. yet I can't load any more than 10 pictures taken from it into corel paint at once or the computer gets cold retarded. that shouldn't happen with an 8 gig system running quad core processing but it does because the they aren't tweaking the system to get the fastest performance because we are stuck on 32 bit.

now if they do away with 32bit and corel want to keep making money then they will fix this issue in a hurry, because once 7 come out everybody going to drop xp. but 32 bit win 7 is basically a pretty version of xp so corel isn't going to be in any hurry to fix their product. a lot of companies will have this same attitude. I'm not even got to talk about that retarded thing called 64 bit Itunes. you got to leave and come back tomorrow just for it to load your music

Eric,

Control Panel>Ease of Access Center to turn off the Magnifier.

Also dont pay attention to the WEI. (Windows Experience Index) It is a arbitary number that holds no meaning or bounds other than to assign a anumber to your system for no reason. It isnt even teh same number system used in Visat which is why you might be confused.

Vista was based on a 5.9 scale. Win7 is based on a 7.9 scale and also accounts for SSD Drives. Which could easily explain why your score is lower in Win7, because it uses a larger scale.

As for the 32 Bit thing, we have had this talk. All i can say is with Server 2008 R2, they actually listened. there is no 32 Bit version. We can only hope they continue that trend.

Back
Top Bottom