Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Cameronstech said:
any questions about 7? PM me:)
That's why we have Mak (Mak213). He is/was a beta tester for about everything MS rolls out and has been a MS MVP for the past several years. ;)

It would do you good to listen to what Mak has to say, though. He's been tearing up Windows to see how it works for quite a long time now.

Hey i maybe a MVP for 3 years now and a Beta tester for most of the popular applications used (Windows, Office, MSE, Expressions and so on) but that doesnt mean i know it all. :p

Just because i have used Win7 for almost a year now like many testers and am running Office 2010 doesnt make me the almighty end all source. I gladly welcome those who have more input on the subject. There are still many things that even i dont know the answers to until i test it out. Collectively between some of the new members that have tested it and myself we should be able to cover just about everything that is asked. ;)

well i need to get to 40 posts lol, but yeah i signed up for beta testing for microsofts games department a long time ago, maybe 4 years? but anywhoo, i was selected in the first round of beta testers late 2008, ive been upgrading as they go and it only got better, i still think the plug and play is the best thing about it tho lol. im a huge nerd when it comes to computers, probably because my dads a programmer haha. but yeah i love the fact that it has xp mode, its like xp for free. now i just need to get a better computer then what im stuck with, but idk whether i want god computer or a car lol.

That's why we have Mak (Mak213). He is/was a beta tester for about everything MS rolls out and has been a MS MVP for the past several years. ;)

It would do you good to listen to what Mak has to say, though. He's been tearing up Windows to see how it works for quite a long time now.

aawesome

I signed up to test Beta products for Microsoft so long ago i dont even remember. One of the first things i tested that was a major release was OneCare i do remember that. Got to work with Office 2007 as well. I am in total working on about 40 or so Betas for Microsoft. That was the last count i had.

I have only done fresh installs but everyone has been a gem. I have worked with people have have had good and bad with Win7. Of all i have been able to get everything to the good side. Some was just specific problems with the Beta cycle and the final works flawlessly for them.

Nice to have you with us. Nice to see a new member who is willing to contribute as much as you.

Yes it is described in that thread in great detail. There are 3 user group classifications that are identified and explained when you can have a sig or signature. Most option are not available till 40 posts.

sorry about that, lets get back on topic, windows 7.
8 days til public realease!:)

yup. I will be getting my 1TB Seagate 7200.12 off ebay soon i hope. I will be buying Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM very soon.

question, should i use the backup utility in Windows Vista n back up my HDD so i can restore it in Windows 7 or just copy n paste files like installation files n saved games, files, etc?

Back
Top Bottom