Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Please tell my this PunkBuster is a device installed from the game COD client and not another "protective" service offered up by Microsoft, just like in vista when you install something is askes "are you SURE you want to do this?"
Yes Punk Buster is installed from the game. It is the Games way of making sure that you are legit. It has NOTHING to do with Microsoft. I even made mention of it above. Punk Buster is not hte only one.

PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

Our PunkBusterâ„¢ Anti-Cheat software technology and services combat online cheating in some of the most popular games being played over the Internet today.

Coming directly from their site.
With windows 7, what's the likely hood that I will need more than 4Gb Ram.

Reason for asking is that I am planning my next gaming rig. I could go DDRII and pay more money in the future when i want to purchase 4Gb Sticks
Or I could go 4Gb DDRIII now and pay less in the future when DDRIII become mainstream.

I ran Win7 on less than 4GB of RAM and it was as smooth as XP. I am running it now on 4GB of RAM using 64 bit and it is still smooth. There isnt a need for me to get more. Even with as much stuff as i have going, i still have over 50% of my RAM Free to use if i so choose. So there will not be a need for more than 4GB depending on what you do with the system. If you are into heavy GFX then you might need more. but for everday use with some gaming. 4GB is plenty.

Yea, you should be fine with 4GB of RAM unless your running several VM's.

I will eventually get Corel Painter 11 and Photoshop to get things started with my career or portfolio. 4GB should be plenty for me i guess.

Yea, I use photoshop/flash at the same time sometimes and rarely use more than 50% of RAM with a lot of stuff open.

I have Outlook 2010, WLM, 2 instances of F@H, Opera, and so much more and i still am only at 45% used. I have run Photoshop and still not hit 55%. 4GB is plenty.

I have Outlook 2010, WLM, 2 instances of F@H, Opera, and so much more and i still am only at 45% used. I have run Photoshop and still not hit 55%. 4GB is plenty.

What about the Core i7 really shining with having 6GBs of DDR3 RAM? It sucked with 4GBs of RAM.

I have no idea what that is in reference to. But I ran Win7 RTM on a Pentium 4 clocked at 3.4GHz with 2GB of RAM and still ran the same exact stuff i do now. The ONLY difference was that my RAM usage was up at 52% normally.

A Core i7 should have absolutely no issues running Win7. If it does, the user who installed it did something wrong or they were highly infected. I barely break 60% usage while running games.

What about the Core i7 really shining with having 6GBs of DDR3 RAM? It sucked with 4GBs of RAM.

Core i7's use triple channel memory so in order to get the best performance you need either 3 or 6 sticks of ram. It doesn't have anything to do with the os.

Windows 7 Enterprise 90 Day Evaluation Now Available

For those of you that haven't downloaded a "try before you buy" version of Windows 7 yet, you only have a limited time left to do so. Microsoft is offering a 90 day trial version of Windows 7 but there are only a limited number of licenses are available "while supplies last."

These are the fun blog posts for me—I get the honor of announcing the availability of a resource so many of you have been asking for—a Windows Enterprise Trial edition you can use to continue testing Windows 7 in your own environment is now available from the Springboard Series on TechNet!

Back
Top Bottom