Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Are all RC downloads build 7100? In other words if I downloaded it when it was first released as opposed to today would they be the same build?

Yes they are all the same build. The only build available to the public for the RC Branch was 7100.

Doesnt matter if you got it the first day they released it or the last. It will be build 7100.

So I found that font default option. I click it, the OK button goes gray and nothing happens. Load up the fonts window again and they're still there. Wait thats probably just those two options then... Hate to be a pest but how do you uninstall or delete new fonts others than the basic ones?

You just delete them from the Font folder. I would upload mine but after checking there is almost 600 Fonts installed by default. At almost 400MB. That is quite a bit of fonts to even have installed by default.

I was kinda hoping that wasn't the only way :(. I'll look around, maybe there's the file somewhere.

Well the thing is if you try to delete system fonts it wont let you cause they are in use.

fonts1.png

fonts2.png

There are the fonts installed by default.

Microsoft kills Windows 7 E Editions

Microsoft:

In the wake of last week's developments, as well as continuing feedback on Windows 7 E that we have received from computer manufacturers and other business partners, I'm pleased to report that we will ship the same version of Windows 7 in Europe in October that we will ship in the rest of the world.

One reason we decided not to ship Windows 7 'E' is concerns raised by computer manufacturers and partners. Several worried about the complexity of changing the version of Windows that we ship in Europe if our ballot screen proposal is ultimately accepted by the Commission and we stop selling Windows 7 'E'. Computer manufacturers and our partners also warned that introducing Windows 7 'E', only to later replace it with a version of Windows 7 that includes IE, could confuse consumers about what version of Windows to buy with their PCs.

CNET adds:

Those who pre-ordered Windows 7 "E" through a recent discount offer will get the full version, as Microsoft had promised. However, Microsoft plans to now sell Windows 7 upgrades in Europe and also offer a higher-priced full version (for those without an earlier copy of Windows)--similar to what it is doing in the rest of the world.

Source

What I don't get about the E versions is how do those people get online to begin with. If there's no browser how do they download a browser. For example a freshly formatted computer you go onto IE to download firefox then never use ie again.

IE wasnt really removed. Just the IE shortcut on the desktop. All the files for IE were still there. So it wasnt like there was no such thing as a browser on there.

Plus there was the introduction of the Ballot Screen. Not that it matters anymore. The E editions are dead.

Back
Top Bottom