Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

I installed mine on an entirely different drive, and still added XP/Vista to the bootloader :D.

I am using the Windows 7 RC right now. Works fine on my Dell Studio laptop, but it got some display issues. The text and some buttons in the explorer get garbled at times, making it unreadable. What's the cause of this? Thanks.

You dont have the proper Video Drivers.

I am using the Windows 7 RC right now. Works fine on my Dell Studio laptop, but it got some display issues. The text and some buttons in the explorer get garbled at times, making it unreadable. What's the cause of this? Thanks.

use windows update..and the optional part should find your gpu drivers to download or download them manually.
what kind of gpu do you have

I have XP,Vista and 7 RC in boot but only using XP @ the moment because the TV card only works there.. the wife says this weekend we might be able to het a new TV card so then I can play more on 7 and be able to watch the hockey games too ;)

Just received an email from M$ saying win 7 RC is going to expire on Aug 1 2009. I thought this version was going to be active until some time in 2010? Is this not true?

Is there a command I can type to find out how long this version is good until?

thx

Edit: or are they referring to that aug 1 2009 is the last date i can download it?

That's for the Beta, not the RC.

Beta = Build 7000 - Expires Aug. 1 2009
RC = Build 7100 - Expiries June 1 2010 (I think its June 1).

I have it dual booted with Vista, with vista being installed first and windows 7 second.

If i were to delete 7 later and merge my partitions, would the boot manager be affected? I know it can cause problems because sometimes the older OS' boot manager can't recognize the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom