Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

What Video Card do you have?

Win 7 Has turned my TV Tuner into Satin.. LOL

I booted into 7 and was playing FarCry2 for a bit and decided it was time to watch Hockey and the tuner worked fine with the TV program that came with my ADS card until now. but now I open the program and get no sound and when I try to reset the signal I get "Satan" the voices sound demonic.. is Win 7 possessed? or is it my ADS card.. it's working fine in Vista ultimate x64 (watching now) The B's are whippin Carolina's behind ;)
was hoping to watch the games in Win 7.. hope they get this sorted before RTM I will be so red if I have to buy yet another TV Tuner card.. I have 3 now.. 2 only work in XP and now 1 that works in Vista and older OS's why do I have to buy a new TV Card everytime M$ comes out with a new OS.. that just burns me..

hampton said:
why do I have to buy a new TV Card everytime M$ comes out with a new OS.. that just burns me..
Start complaining to the manufacturer now so they can be working on the needed drivers. Win7 is very close to Vista so it shouldn't be too big of a stretch for them. Of course, thy may just sit on it so it will force people to buy new hardware...

I have an Intel 82945G express chipset graphics chip that is integrated into the motherboard

That is the problem right there. Intel has said that they will not support anything lower than the 945 set. Which you have but they dont have the most recent set of drivers out for it yet. You may have to check the Intel Site. But until you get a dedicated GFX card, be happy that you can get Aero at all. Most onboard have issues with it.

Well I installed it on my computer. Took about 40 minutes on a 2.4Ghz with 1GB RAM. Seems a tad slow and not real smooth. It has all the things I dislike about Vista and I guess I just need to keep playing with it for a while.

It is actually very fast compared to Vista. You are just barely over the minimal specs required so yeah you will notice lag. Just as you would if you ran XP at specs barely higher than minimum as well.

Just got around to installing this last night.

Pretty smooth sailing so far except i have problems with the ol'lady playing pogo games,Seems Win 7 really dosen't like shockwave and java so she has to keep clicking that compatibility thing for the browser.

Start complaining to the manufacturer now so they can be working on the needed drivers. Win7 is very close to Vista so it shouldn't be too big of a stretch for them. Of course, thy may just sit on it so it will force people to buy new hardware...

You guessed it.. they will sit and force people to buy new ones.. unless M$ distributes one.. they have before for this card with Vista.. I know its not MS's responsability I just wish that the TV cards worked like GPU's as far as support goes.

thanks for listening ;) sorry for the complaint.. but this is how I ended up with 3 cards, first one worked with 98 and XP second one was supposed to work with Vista but it does not.. third one works with Vista and did with win 7 beta and the RC for a few days, now it gives Satin voices on 7 but works fine for Vista and XP

yes I have all three on this PC (XP,Vista and 7) in boot.. whats funny is Vista seems flawless these days.. a few more bugs than XP but I'd say it finally has been finished.. lol

now if they can work out the bugs a little quicker with 7.

Back
Top Bottom