Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Fact Thread

No it is well known that the Pre-Beta wasnt feature complete. Beta 1 us supposed to be. But honestly i havent seen any new features that were not in the Pre-Beta build.

And in this case (which I explained above), it's been "feature complete" so far. Because they haven't yet added any new features as far as I can tell that are different from the other builds (nothing that stands out that is).

I had made a remark lately that the prebeta stages are still rather like seeing a new face put on the skeleton of the final OS. Each stage would a certain portion while the next sees another until everything is eventually combined into the actual beta release(s) for any last minute type changes still found needed at that point.

I havent dove into the latest build to find the differences. Been looking into some other things. ;)

But once i find them i will post up what the difference is.

I havent dove into the latest build to find the differences. Been looking into some other things. ;)

But once i find them i will post up what the difference is.

Sounds good, especially considering I'm sticking with 6801 heh.

pssst, I hear beta 1 is leaked

EDIT: oh no, 1st post in new year and I wasted it on Windows 7!

Yeah, I know it is ;). But there arent really any significant changes, and Mak said it was a bit more unstable for him than 6801 was, so I'll just stick with 6801 for now.

Mak will the beta have the new GUI I know it will be a tweaked version of aero but I still want to see what MS can come up with.

Well the new taskbar is 1 thing. The many different theme options is another. They now have a nature theme and stuff like that. There have been updates doen to the Aero theme as well. Not as resource intensive as before.

All will be told once Beta 1 hits and i can write up a official review.

if aero uses less resources in win7 will that mean that you can use crappier video cards with it than you could in vista?

Back
Top Bottom