Windows 7 easy transfer tool and xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc101

Beta member
Okay so I installed windows 7 on my computer, but i also backed up all files on an external hard drive. My problem is before I installed windows 7, I didnt use the Easy Transfer Tool and want all my previous setting on 7. Is there anyway i can boot xp with out losing my current files on 7 and doing the easy transfer tool?

thank you for all help and input

Well to answer this we need more info. How did you install Win7? Did you format the drive? Did you just install over XP? What steps did you take when you installed? How did you backup? Jsut copy and paste the data from the PC to the external? Did you make an image of the XP Drive?

With what you said above, the answer is no. All i got from what you posted is that you backed up data to an external, which means that XP is gone. So no booting into XP.

hmmm, I just backed up all the documents onto the external hard drive. The hard drive that came in the computer still has the xp and all the files and settings of xp. Nothing has been deleted, but I did the install of widows7 unprepared. I did the custom install and it said it would delete everything that was not backed up, it didnt delete the files from xp but I want all my settings on xp on 7. is there anyway to configure them to run right, or am i pretty much out of luck?

there is a type of software available that will allow you to run both OSs on the same box and move back and forth between the two.

When you boot is there a boot menu that asks you to choose which version of Windows you want to boot to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom