Windows 7 Does Not Detect my USB Flash Drive! Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hello guys,

For some reason, I can no longer open any flash drive on my Win 7 x64. It doesn't appear in My Computer.

I tried uninstalling from Device Manager, when I insert it back into the USB port (or when I Scan for Hardware Changes), it tries to install the driver but fails. (Check attached image)

Any ideas on what is causing this, and how I can solve it?

Much appreciated

View attachment 4726

Attachments

• USB Error.jpg
    USB Error.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,975
Did you try a different USB port? Does it work on another system?

Long shot, but does it work on a back USB port? (back of case)

The flash drive works normally on other computers. I tried different ports, and I tried plugging it in the back..no luck!

I think it's more of a generic issue... I tried 2 different Kingston drives, and a SanDisk flash drive, all don't show in My Computer, and all show with a yellow (!) in Device Manager.

Btw, I get the following message in 'Device Status' in DeviceManager

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Have you tried the most simplest of solutions? Restart. Even Safe Mode?

Per your screen shot it looks as if the device manager is picking it up but not installing the drivers properly. Right click on the device and uninstall it via the device manager and then restart with the USB device still plugged in and see if Windows can install the drivers upon restart that way.

That's the thing, windows can't! Is there any way to manually do so?

(The second screen shot was actually after I tried uninstalling from device manager, and letting windows install the driver again...It "Failed")

I only see one screen shot so I dont know what second shot your talking about?!? There is no way to manually uninstall the device. Doing it through the Device Manager is the manual way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom