Windows 7 and 'disk partisions'

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. Could somebody tell me the computer dictionary definition of 'disk partisions?

I recently got from a friend 'a' copy of the Windows 7 OS. Inside the package there were two disks.

I tried to load the Win7 '64' bit version on my '64' bit capable computer and the computer said that the product key was wrong.

I tried the '32' bit disk and had no problem with the product key.

Question: Could it be that the '64' bit OS was already loaded onto another computer..and the product key number for it 'expired'?

Where the '32' bit version..was not installed therefore the product key for it was good?

Can someone tell me how I can cleanly 'unistall' the 64 bit version? Or its 'setup' program?....I always wonder what that is called.

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

Last edited:
You edited and yet you still spell partitions wrong.

An no offense, really I do mean no offense, but why are you asking what the definition is when all you have to do is Google, Bing, Yahoo, among any other search engine the term to get that answer?

Partition:
1.a division into or distribution in portions or shares.
2.a separation, as of two or more things.
3.something that separates or divides.
4.a part, division, or section.

All 4 of those is exactly what a partition is on a hard drive. You take a large drive, split it into smaller drives that are separate from each other.

The serials for Windows 7 are universal. They will install on either the 32 Bit or 64 Bit. I used the same Windows 7 Ultimate serial on 2 different installs of Win7 32 Bit and 6 different installs of Win7 64 Bit on this machine.

So to answer the next question, yes it was already loaded. Serials NEVER expire. So your friend "gave" you a pirated, illegal copy.

You dont uninstall an Operating System. You format the drive and install a different version. There is no such thing as uninstalling Windows 7 64 Bit.

If the 32-bit install and the 64-bit install are on separate partitions, then you could format the partition that contains the 64-bit install and use Disk Management to shrink or delete the unused partition and then allocate that space to the 32-bit partition.

Back
Top Bottom