Windows 7 Beta versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Is there currently Windows 7 beta versions available to MSDN subscribers or system admins?

I only ask because this annoying guy in one of my CS classes is one of those "Vista is evil" people (although he uses it on his school laptop), and he says that he has a copy of Windows 7 and that "it is 10x worse than Vista and is all touchscreen and HP is working on stuff for it."

First off, I have never heard that Windows 7 would be "all touchscreen." I'm sure there is the option to use the keyboard and mouse just as much or more than the touch capabilities. Also, HP already has a full touch screen PC available with Windows Vista, so I think this guy is just trying to look cool and important in front of all the CS students. Did I mention he's like in his mid-40s and just now in the initial set of CS major core classes? I'd think if he was that big in the PC scene, he would have a degree in Computer Science or similar already.

I think he's full of shiza. Call him out and ask him to show you.

They have NOT released any beta versions yet that i know of, and probably won't for another year. It won't be ALL touch screen, and from what i've read through PC magazine it is supposed to be compartmentalized, so someone running a p4 or a quad core could run it the same, just with less features.

I'm a Microsoft partner and have heard of no such release.

Oh, I forgot to mention that he was spouting the whole "You HAVE to rent it monthly" rumor as if it were true, and as far as I know, the "renting" feature is only for temporary usage of the OS or some of the finer features and not a requirement.

Surge,

Windows 7 Milestone 2 didnt even leak to the internet. That was the LAST version even know to be in existance. I have Full MSDN and there is NO Windows 7 Beta version. Windows 7 isnt even in Beta yet. It hasnt even hit Alpha yet.

Your friend is a liar and isnt even that good at it. Windows 7 will not be all touch screen. It is going to be a added feature for Tablet PC's and they are working out how to use your Mouse as a stylus to edit things like a touch screen.

As for the monthly thing. DEAD WRONG. There hasnt even been talks of that since Vista was in Beta. That is a load of garbage.

If he wants to try and match wits with me on this i will be glad to show him up for hte putz that he is. But that is the correct info.

Cheers,
Mak

I knew it. At the time I didn't want to be like, "you're so full of it," but I did tell my nearest classmates that there was no way he could have a copy of Windows 7.

Well he could have Milestone 1. It did leak. But that version didnt have the Touch stuff. Nor does it have monthly activation. If it does that is because the timer for that build keeps going off and he has to turn his BIOS date back.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom