Windows 7 Beta versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm I see. Yeah I think he is almost entirely all talk. I overheard him talking about something to do with his mac address and being able to be untraced on the school network. I think he's just trying to be cool with the "kiddies".

I have class with him Thursday, so I'll make sure to ask him.

There is no way to hide his Mac Address. If he connects to the school netowrk his MAC address was already logged. This guy is nothing but talk.

I guess that sums it up quite well! While Mak works with MS directly I've been beta testing a much smaller tool that has already seen a long list of different prebeta builds and the problems that come up with various systems and hardware configurations.

The first RC1 beta release for Vista wasn't seen until Sept. 2006 preceeding the finished version seen on January 31st of 2007 some 4 months later! That's actually how close to a finished product's release you see any beta release of any version of Windows. With Windows not due out until 2010 where does that put one loud mouth? NOWHERE!

I've seen some IP hide tools and once you log on those become obsolete since your IP address is automatically recorded. You shouldn't even waste the time and stay focused on your own schooling to learn facts not the fabrications that source comes out with. Simply ignore the person and take nothing from that source seriously.

I agree that this guy is an ignorant idiot that is trying to be hip with the teens. :)

But I do not agree with ridiculing someone in their mid 40's for trying to better themselves by getting a degree that they may not have had a chance to get earlier in life. There are countless reasons that intelligent, talented people can't go to college right after high school.

If you look at it from his viewpoint, it takes balls to go back to school in an actual classroom setting where you know that everyone is going to be half your age or less. That would be an uncomfortable situation. Most people like that either take online classes, or night classes catering to working adults wanting to get their degree. I can understand why someone like this might overcompensate to try to fit in. I applaud this man for doing a humbling thing. I just wish he could relax and not make himself look ridiculous in the process.

What!? I agree that no one should make fun of this guy. But seriously, 'doing a humbling thing'? What is humble about going around telling everyone in class that you have a beta version of an OS that you can't even get screen shots for online? Lets applaud the man for continuing his education, but it should stop there. Don't say he is humble when the fact of the matter is he's the exact opposite of humble - arrogance.

I say leave the dumb dumb alone, the IT field has a very low tollerance for BS compared to a lot of other fields (in my experience). While BS's may get you applause from some co workers, real-job experience shows that BS will NOT get you anywhere in the job field of IT. And that a persons lack of knowledge and skills will be exploided extremely fast in this fast-paced job field.

And i will take this a step further, i've gone to college and had a lot of classes that had a handfull of 'non traditional' students in it (people over 30). I took a lot of classes in the evenings because i had a full time job working 40 hours a week 8 - 5 M-F. I've found that a lot of times older students speak out a lot in class and 'act' like they know alot. I'm not sure if it is because of generational differences, or the fact that they 'feel' as if they have something to prove, or the fact that they think they are more intelligent than the younger students. I think in the case above it is the latter.

What!? I agree that no one should make fun of this guy. But seriously, 'doing a humbling thing'? What is humble about going around telling everyone in class that you have a beta version of an OS that you can't even get screen shots for online? Lets applaud the man for continuing his education, but it should stop there. Don't say he is humble when the fact of the matter is he's the exact opposite of humble - arrogance.
That's not exactly what I was talking about. I know the guy is acting like an arrogant fool. But I'll bet it's because he's self conscious about what people think of him. It's just that the end result of that is that he ironically looks like an idiot which makes people think even less of him.

No, the "humbling" thing I'm talking about is just the fact that a mid-40's guy is taking classes in a class room setting with a bunch of young kids. It's humbling to not fit in with the majority. Maybe "humiliating" is a better word. This guy just doesn't know how to handle it the right way.

Just a question. Where oh where is there any remark to this guys age other than the first post? Where oh where is there a remark about him continuing his education?

Not a single person till Forrest said something was the age factor even brought up. I am 31 and while i may not be in school at least i try to act "cool" for the younger crowd on the site.

Be yourself. that is all that can be done. My comments were fully around the fact this guy has no clue about Windows 7. I would have done it if he was 50 or 15. I gave the facts of the OS. Nothing more nothing less.

Just a question. Where oh where is there any remark to this guys age other than the first post? Where oh where is there a remark about him continuing his education?

Not a single person till Forrest said something was the age factor even brought up. I am 31 and while i may not be in school at least i try to act "cool" for the younger crowd on the site.

Be yourself. that is all that can be done. My comments were fully around the fact this guy has no clue about Windows 7. I would have done it if he was 50 or 15. I gave the facts of the OS. Nothing more nothing less.

Mak, you're always so defensive. Where oh where did I say that you were harping on the guy's age?

I was talking about the first post. He was making fun of the guy for being mid 40's and still without his degree and only in the beginning classes. I wasn't even referring to you, or anyone else that didn't apply.

I was only making fun of him because of his arrogance. Had he acted the maturity level of his age, I would respect him with such. He did not seem the humble type, nor the very well educated or formal in any aspect.

Upon further investigation and a brief convo with him, he appears to be an upper 20's to low 30's in age (just looks older than he is, but still young at the same time). He also comes off as the believe anything, spread any rumor, conspiracy theorist. Yesterday we were talking about high cost of school books and he was saying it was because of all the new buildings and things our university was doing. He was saying this as a for sure reason why books were so expensive... yet, the books cost the same at any university even when they are not building things, so obviously he is just the type to point the finger at the closest governing body and not see the big picture.

Yesterday we were talking about high cost of school books and he was saying it was because of all the new buildings and things our university was doing. He was saying this as a for sure reason why books were so expensive... yet, the books cost the same at any university even when they are not building things, so obviously he is just the type to point the finger at the closest governing body and not see the big picture.
I think it's a secret plot to discourage people from buying books and learning to keep us as mindless sheep to make it easier for the government to practice mind control over all of us minions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom