Windows 7 Beta ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balishang

Baseband Member
Please don't treat this as piracy. It's not. The Beta is officially released tomorrow and that is what I would be using.

Alright so would it be possible to put a partition on my hard drive, and put the windows 7 beta on that WITHOUT losing Vista and my data on it? I wanna be able to dual-boot win 7 and vista and not have to backup all of my files and stuff in the process.

There are hundreds of guides on Google and that for how to partition and multiboot. It will be possible to do this with Win7 as well.

you could easily use the manager that comes in vista just right click on computer and click manage and go to disk management and there options to shrink the primary volume then you can create a new partition.

Please don't treat this as piracy. It's not. The Beta is officially released tomorrow and that is what I would be using.

Alright so would it be possible to put a partition on my hard drive, and put the windows 7 beta on that WITHOUT losing Vista and my data on it? I wanna be able to dual-boot win 7 and vista and not have to backup all of my files and stuff in the process.

The only way to dual-boot is to have each OS on a separate drive or partition.
You can install over an existing OS but the original OS will be moved to a new folder called "old OS", and be usleless other than going through to pull files but you will not be able to boot into that directory.

Most Beta's wont do an upgrade so they by default need their own partition or drive. (fresh install)

I for one will be looking forward to testing the new Beta.

From what I have seen from a previous build, 6801, I think it was.. It looks allot like Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom