Windows 7 Automatically Lowering Microphone Volume?

CC4581

Beta member
Hi, this has been a problem that has pestered me for a couple of years and many different microphones now. If I speak too loudly, or for too long (say, if I'm speaking for more than 5 seconds) then the volume will automatically be lowered. This is incredibly annoying as I use Skype to chat and stream to Twitch TV, and have to keep stopping so windows will "reset" the volume back up to normal so I can continue to speak.

I have already disabled auto adjust on Skype, but as I just explained, it also happens when streaming to Twitch.

Help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Have you tried updating all related device drivers? I don't know much but I had a PC and the sound card took a crap on me and it was doing that for a few months prior. Not saying their related, I don't want to use post hoc reasoning or anything.

Have you tried updating all related device drivers? I don't know much but I had a PC and the sound card took a crap on me and it was doing that for a few months prior. Not saying their related, I don't want to use post hoc reasoning or anything.

Hi, yes, I have tried updating the sound drivers. The problem still persists, however. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom