windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simply the Windows that will come out after Vista is done with. There really hasn't been enough information released to discuss much about it.

It is slated to be released in 2010. The Beta for it should start late next year.

From what I have read it will be a stripped down version of Windows. Much smaller and more structurally sound. Of course with many add-able options for an "nominal" fee.

Think Windows Linux. At least that's what I have heard, that Redmond is finally taking a clue from Linux and putting something together that at least works or is built similar. Of course, I could be wrong...

Hopefully they will drop some of their asinine backwards compatibility with everything from King Tut's day up until now. Forget anything before XP and let's roll with it. That would cut down the size of it considerably. It would also rid it of a lot of holes and vulnerabilities right off the bat.

Make it modular so that you only use what you want to use, not what some pinhead in Redmond thinks we should use. And give us the option to make it as secure or unsecure as we prefer.

While they are at it, they could make the blasted thing affordable! You can buy legit copies in China for dirt, but only because MS wants them to use it and not pirate it. Here you have to fork over an arm and a leg.

It's supposed to be the windows kernel and nothing more, no add ons, no manufacturer software, no media applications just the kernel, which I think will be great for gaming rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom