Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
Although not scheduled for release til 2010- some info has leaked- including how they have "stripped" down to only whats needed (still in progress) and currently uses only 25MB on disk.... just the kernal and such- they seem to have the attitude to strip down and save our space and resources we desperately want for other things like games... but the question comes.... will windows 7 be "The gamers OS?"

also if anyone has any more input on this itd be great!

i was going to link the movie where it shows a conference- with the guide showing windows through the years (all the way back to windows 1.0 but forgot some main things) and a lil preview of 7- boot up- some things running= task manager and a ASCII of the windows logo (as the graphics isnt in yet) but uh..yea.. I can't find it now.

Notes* windows 7 is codename- itll have some name like "XP" or "Vista" (but obviously not those) and is just the version they have it to-

7 is also "internal" where they plan to build up on it- basically they scrapped everything and started over tryin for a better smoother OS (Bravo! now make us gamers drool!)

they refernce that you couldnt use what they show as a web host- but another version or add-on (wasnt quite paying attention) that takes up about 40mb memory- and things expected to hit 1.5gb space (MUCH smaller then what we have now!) and he says "Its still not quite where I want it" implying he wants the sob shrunk down even smaller! *Yay*

Iam hoping for a 2gb or less on disk- less then 100MB used in memory system, how bout you?

Yes they have stripped it down. But at the same timne it now looks like Windows 3.1 did. So what would you rather have?

For a system to have less than 2GB and 100MB usage...Linux nor OS X can accomplish that. If you want that. Go back to 98SE. Sorry to say but you will NOT get that anytime in the future.

What i am hoping for. Stability. More than Vista upon release. But sadly will never happen...

Well it seems they need to create or copy from older windows versions a dozen of gigs more, cause XP was on cd Vista is on DVD, 7 will be on a HD DVD/Blu-ray and goes on....

If you apply all the current update to XP with SP2 and the couple hundred hotfixes since. It will not fit on a 700MB CD. So even XP fully up to date would be on a DVD. :p

Ok, so their hot new OS, Vista, runs like a camel with three legs and a bad knee (compared to XP imho) and they're starting on a new OS? I'd prefer they finish their current OS before they start working on their next handicapped ungulate.
And I bet my. . . :eek:
I bet Kisskerven's left testi :D that they miss that 2010 mark by at least two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom