Windows 7 30-day trial upgradable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHawks73

Baseband Member
My buddy has a Windows 7 HP 32bit full version but I want the 64 bit. My school is selling the W7 Ultimate 64bit upgrade for cheap so I was wondering if I was able to install his 32bit and NOT register it (meaning it will only have the 30-day trial) then buy the W7 Ultimate upgrade and update the 32bit trial.

If not, would I be able to install and register the 32bit full version then upgrade it to the Ultimate 64bit?

Thanks!

You can't upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit at all, so that's a no right there.

What about installing a 64bit Vista or 64bit XP and not register it, then upgrade to the 64bit Windows Ultimate?

You cant upgrade from XP to Win7 at all either. So that option is out of the question. Plus why would you want to go backwards and install Vista just to upgrade again to Win7? Why not just start fresh with Win7 64 Bit? Since you cant switch from 32 Bit to 64 Bit your going to have to start fresh anyways. Why go backwards to an older OS to upgrade to the OS you want. Makes no sense at all when you can just buy the Win7 64 Bit disk and reinstall with that.

Add into that the fact that you cant upgrade from a copy of Vista that isnt validated. You must activate it before it will upgrade. So that is out as well.

All of this information is available in the FAQ Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom