Windows 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa219

In Runtime
Does anyone have the new Windows 64 bit edition? What would the advantages be for a power-userlike me that enjoys gaming? Is it worth getting?

well, it would be good becaue it utilizes 64-bit . . . linux has a lot of flavours (oh my god i just typed BRITISH ENGLISH) that have 64-bit support and windows xp pro x64 is coming in jan/feb 2005 . . .

I was not impressed by the beta version of XP64. It will also make your processor run much hotter. Since gaming though is the primary function of my PC, I don't really have any need for it at this time. When 64-bit games come out though, you will want the 64-bit version of Windows XP.

some research show that programs not designed for 64bit actually run worse in a 64bit system. regardless, to have full use, the game itself must support 64bit and not just the o/s.

Yeah, for now there arn't too many 64 bit applications, and there are zero 64 bit games and that means there is going to be no real difference in your video games when you switch the o/s. So if you are just using it for video games then don't do it, if you are a true "power user" and have many used like video editing or something intensive with 64 bit support then you might think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom