Windows - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Windows

I am running Win XP Home Edition SP2 and situation is: I am a student and I have movies on my computer and was wondering if it was possible to watch a movie while typing. I have a wireless keyboard and find it very convinient to lounge on my bed and type up my essays listening to music but recently I thought about playing movies and typing. My only problem is is having Microsoft Word running in the background so I can type while my movie plays fullscreen. I use Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, and RealPlayer for my movies. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

thats very easily done, but a really stupid idea...
How on earth can you concentrate on the movie and the essay at once? you'll soon be typing lines from the movie into your word document. Its a quick way to failure.
but to do it start the movie running in any program. then minimize the screen and change its size so that it perhaps takes up the left side of the screen. then open up word and resize that to take up the empty part of the screen, then you can have word active while the movie still plays in the background. as long as the word document doesnt cover it. But it will slow down your computer by a considerable amount.

Cure for Boredom
Old 02-22-2005, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Dual display if you can afford it.
Closed Thread