windows 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlish96

Daemon Poster
i know..i know...its old..its crapy, but this was my very first OS...when I was literally a "virgin techie".

anyway,..my very first pc is an IBM 486 sx sumthin...:eek: i know...its crapy too.. but would you guys believe that its still working....yup..i even defragged the 212mb western dig 3 days ago. Windows 3.1 is installed in this pc...and i'd like to do a clean install...

does anybody know where i can get this old windows OS?

:D LOL!!! yeah, i know...i was still i kid when i got it. :D :D :D

actually,.. i already saw some sites where you can download windows 3.11 upgrade...i think i'll just do an upgrade or sumthing...LOL!

i think this 3.1 is history! perhaps they have it computer museums or something ...:D :D oh well..

thanks anyway!:D

really..windows 95? how bout HD space? won't 95 require more than 212mb?

if it ran in your 486 ..it'll probably run with mine,...we have the same amt of ram,....i just don't know if the HD can accommodate 95.

LOL! i know.....but I think I know where I can get the 3.1...yup,P2P. found it in shareaza

anyway,..just keepin my options open. thanks!

lol i trash harddrives less than 2gigs.... I have the 6 disk set of win 3.1 for sale if your interested.

There used to be a site with all the old goodies - including WinNT 3.x, Win3.x all the way back to Win 1.0 beta, as well as MS-DOS and OS/2, but alas, it no longer stands. Seeing as you found it though, you may still be interested. ;)

It was nice to use VMWare/Virtual PC with them too. :)

My copy of WFW 3.11 originally came on a CD... and I bought a 2x CD-ROM drive with it... dunno if I even have it anymore LOL.

LOL!...we were supposed to buy a 4x cd-rom for my 486. During that time,4x was the fastest cdrom around(..thats what i thought,...i was just a kid,..how am i supposed to know whats hot and whats not?).

man, those were the days..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom