Windows 2003 Standard - MSIEXEC crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
Alright guys, I have a dedicated server. It will cost me $50 to format it, so that is out of the question for now.

First. I noticed this issue when I first installed Microsoft SQL 2005 (yes it is legal). It kept crashing when it got to a certain point. My next issue was when I installed America's Army 2.5 so I could run the server. It crashed. I fixed this error (it was trying to start DirectX9 at first and it's not supported on Windows2k3 or something of that sort).

Now, I'm all good up to this point. I've given up.. I'm trying to install the America's Army Server Manager, and no matter WHAT I do it FAILS with this error message:
---------------------------
Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in msiexec.exe [3540]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.
OK

I've tried reinstalling MSIEXEC but it fails saying the service pack already has MSIEXEC or something. I deleted MSIEXEC with the following commands (in a bat file):

ren C:\windows\system32\msi.dll sfj.asdf
del C:\windows\system32\sfj.asdf
del C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe
del C:\windows\system32\msihnd.dll

That's how I got SQL 2005 to work by running my .bat file and deleting it, and running install (it recreates the files). This doesn't work for AAO Installer :(

Holy crap. It just installed.

Sorry for wasting your time.

But I'm sure this issue is not fixed for the future. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom