windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishaj_007

Baseband Member
I heard that in windows i can use the server resources " cpu speed disk space and many other things " from my clients , that features is with 2003 , i have five clients and i want to make then use server speed and diskspace how can i do that can anyone help me ?

And one more thing i have server with 3.2 speed and my all clients have only 1.2 so i want to make them use 3.2 .

I need any special programs for that ?

Any other knowledge ?

Plz help my PC run for 3.2 .....................

You mean Ghz right? You want to have your clients run their computer at 3.2GHz using the server? That's impossible.

I want my clients boot from network using servers diskspace and speed to opearate .

Can this is possible ?

You can assign some network drives if you need additional storage or want them to share a disk on a server.

You can't really share processing speed.

go to the server, go to my computer, and right click on your drives you want your clients to use (preferrably not one with the OS on it, unless you disable access to the Windows and Program Files dirtectories from other computers), and go to "sharing and security"
enable sharing, and if you want the clients to just read from the drive, do not turn on "allow network users to change my files"
otherwise turn it on.
to disallow access to the \windows directory, right click on it, go to "sharing and security" and disable sharing for it. this will only apply to the \Windows folder and its contents, or any others you do this with

as for sharing CPU power, it is a little more complicated. if the server is 3.2GHZ, I would not recommend sharing the CPU power, because the server needs at least some CPU power for itself, and with the clients being networked, it would take longer to get the data processed because they would have to send the data to the server to be processes and back again. that takes time. the network wouldn't have as high transfer speed and latency of the motherboards

Damn you are not getting my problem i want to share my server cpu speed not exactly 3.2 but more than 266 Mhz ( original speed of my clients ) it should be greater than original speed and i don't have any harddisks to my clients so there is no harddrive space to my clients , i want my clients boot from my server .

Got it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom