Windows 2000 Server Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteTech

Solid State Member
I was wondering if someone could put me on the right track. Someone pulled the power on me while I was windows updating a Windows 2000 PDC Server. Upon restart I would see a flash of a blue screen after the process bar completes loading, and the machine would auto restart. I tried to do an auto repair by booting up with the Windows 2000 Server CD, Enter, and R but it restarted somewhere before even copying over the files. It still had the same problem, looks like installation did not yet begin. However, when I tried to do a repair, I no longer had the option. It would only allow me to install fresh, giving me the "installing might get in the way of the other operating systems" message.

Aside from being a PDC, the server is a DHCP, and exchange server. I heard I shouldn't do a repair because it might replace the Active Directory so I copied the NTDS directory. I also see a tape in the tape backup drive but I'm not sure how to restore from tapes so I assumed a quick repair would do the trick. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom