Windows 2000 Server Alert? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher
Default Windows 2000 Server Alert?

Hello all! Is there a way in Windows 2000 Server so send an E-Mail alert when the local disk becomes 15% low on disk space?

So say when it drops to 30GB is there a way to trigger something via E-Mail to notify us admins this storage is running out of space? I have looked briefly, but so far no luck. Thanks!

Old 06-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

I know we have a Perl program that does that for us, as well as network monitoring programs at work. One is called Big Brother, the other is MOM (Microsoft Operations Manager ). I'll have to look tomorrow when I'm back in the office as I left my key fob at work... anyway, I'll see what I can find out for you...
This is big brother...
http://www.bb4.org/

Old 06-01-2005, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

Sweeet thanks Inaris! We were thinking something along the lines of perl script as well. I appreciate you taking the time.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well as for the perl program, that is going to be propritaty, you know, the whole, I made this while at company y and can't do anything about it...
I believe the root code is found in almost all mail.pl programs. Ours is compiled. I'll get you the main info if I remember in the morning. have to look over the source. been a while since I looked at that one. The rest is attached to BigBrother I think. The service has a reporting system that can call out on an action. The action is another perl program used to call mail.exe and then passes a few peramiters about who to send it to and what the message is.
I'll get you more in the AM...
Closed Thread