Windows 2000 profesional problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skely

Baseband Member
Well my problem is that I have accidentally activated the security password for when you restart the computer. So I am locked out of my computer. Is there any way I can override the password ? I can't even login as Guest. I can't believe I did something this stupid. I am stumped as to what the password is. Are there any Usernames and Passwords that will overide this problem ? I am open to any suggestions.

I was always wondering how to set up a situation where you need to enter a password when the windows boot logo apears I've seen it done before I just never did it myself.

How did you do it :mad: .

It's easy all you have to do is go to your controle panel and select users and passwords or something like that then turn on the password box as I did. Just make sure you know what your password is befor you do it...

I have yet to try booting up my computer in Service Restor Mode option in Method two. That sounds like it might work though assuming it lets me get passed the login name and password.

Nope I have yet to figure out how to even get the computer to let me past the user name and password. I have the user name but no password. And the Guest login has been disabled along with the other username that I had.

Here I thought you were able to get a startup password that aprears with the windows logo on boot but it's just a login problem...

hit f8 and boot into safe mode as administrator. go to control panel and remove the password for the regular account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom