windows 2000 on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I have a big problem. I want to install windows 2000 on a laptop that uses a parallel port CDROM drive (will not boot), but it will work in MSDOS.

I have to use the 4 setup boot diskettes to get into the 2k setup. And when it goes to look for a CDROM drive, the parallel port one cannot be found. And I have also tried using F6 at the beginning of the setup, that still does not work. How can I get 2000 on this laptop, and on another note, I have access to a convertor that will allow me to use the laptop drive on my desktop computer.

well i used the convertor to copy the files over to the hard drive, and I was going to pull the plug and have it reboot on the laptop with the setup files copied over already. But i am not sure if it will boot up when the files are copied over.

I let the 1st part of the setup complete on my computer, like the file copying, but when i transfer the HD to the laptop, it just locks at the "Windows is loading" screen. I was thinking that maybe it created the HAL on my desktop, and that is why it locked.

the parallel port itself may not be fast enough to handle all the data pouring through it. It might not work.

i was thinking about keeping all of the file copying up to my desktop, and all of the OS setup/finalization left up to the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom