Windows 2000 Error on HP workstation x4000 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Yial
Default Windows 2000 Error on HP workstation x4000

I'm running a HP Wokrstation x4000 with two xeon processors at 2 ghz each with 1 gig of ram and one 73 gig SCSI HD. I just installed a Nvidia 6200 graphics card, along with a TV tuner and some other items. Now, my problem is that when I installed the TV tuner card it had to make changes to the system registry, but due to my bad luck Spybot S&D popped up and prevented it from doing so(for some reason I cannot see the options when it popped up, I.E. they were grouped strangely and they had no text.) Now, whenever I got to start an .EXE file or other application it says that there is no program associated with the file, and first I thought this was just shortcuts but when I tried lanching programs directly, or even off CD's the same thing happens. It also tells me to change this under Folder Options, but it won't allow me to.

My questions here are:

1.) Is there any way I can fix this without installing windows 2000 (even If I have too, it won't be a big deal...)

2.) The version of windows 2000 on the computer came pre-installed, even though when I bought the computer it said it came with no OS, as such I bought another copy of windows 2000 from a differant online retailer. After i bought this, I was told by a friend of mine I need a special version of W2K for Duel Processor systems (?) I was just wondering if this was true or not, or if it would just be easier for me to re-install windows off this un-used copy.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Yial

I solved some of it, now i have NEW errors.

1.) I couldn't really find a fix..

2.) the Special "version" is just win 2000 pro....

Now, though, when i go to intall windows 2000 pro, it tells me it can't find a HD, what I need now is a SCSI driver i think....
Closed Thread