Windows 2000 Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
You said the day would never come well I got news for you all it happened yesterday. Windows 2000 is now discontinued. And guess what I was not lieing it did not get .net 2.0 framework so software from 2006-2007 and up will not be compatible with it. Everything for Win2K is downhill now.

I heard that they were gonna release a final service pack for it. Where did you read this? Post a link, because it is pretty interesting.

This makes me sick, because 48% of businesses still use Windows 2000 and they have no reason to upgrade to XP just for the media enhancements that are aimed for home users anyway. M$ needs to get on the ball or they are going to lose the business market. Business users want an operating system that will let them do their jobs efficiently, they don't care about the candy color themes and the Movie Maker, and what not.

from my experience, Win2k is faster, you can notice it more on slower computers...

Yeah, businesses on Win2k probably bought their computers when Win2k was still the standard, so XP will be much slower on them. From experience, I don't recommend XP on anything less than 256MB of RAM and a 1GHz processor.

We have a PC at work that painfully I have to use from time to time that runs XP Pro SP2 on a Pentium II 400 MhZ with 96 megs of RAM. :mad:

It takes about 60 seconds or so to open up MS Word or Excel. :p

Microsoft always allows their OSes to install on and even lists them as compatable with PCs way below what the true minimum specs should be.

96MB of RAM :( yikes.

I've run XP on a PII 400 with 256MB of RAM, and it ran pretty decently. I think that I would cry everytime that I would have to use an XP machine with 96MB of RAM:D

All I can Say is Good Riddence To bad Rubbish,

Hated Windows 2000, when I was using it I was like "Where the hell is 98' God I miss it!"

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom