windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
i am thinking of "downgrading" to windows 2000 SP4, and i was wondering if windows 2000 supports my Linksys Wireless-B PCI adapter. Windows XP has its own wireless manager, but i dont know if windows 2000 does??

thanks in advance...

xp is really buggy on my machine, most of the time my system lags horribly, and i need more memory to run flash, photoshop, etc.

i have every OS, except for Vista, and i have found windows 2000 to run the best, out of every OS, including Linux.

edit:

this is what i want:
an operating system that has similar look to XP, but uses way less memory

i imagine there are skins for windows 2000, that make it look like XP, with the blue start bar, etc..

talldude123 said:
edit:

this is what i want:
an operating system that has similar look to XP, but uses way less memory

i imagine there are skins for windows 2000, that make it look like XP, with the blue start bar, etc..

if you want a similar look to xp maybe try linux it uses less memory, I know there are versions that are skinnable. But what ever you do don't use a program like windowblinds on win 2000 because it will lag like **** and use more memory than xp.

i would just disable some of the windows programs in services.msc

save some ram there and msconfig some too.

plus ram is so dirt cheap these days i would just pick up another stick if you have a open slot.

well the thing is, i had a 256 MB RAM chip, but it broke, made the system run unstable, even though it was the same type as the 512 MB chip i have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom