windows 10 update changes all settings

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
this is getting retarded.
3rd time windows 10 update is resetting everything to default settings

all my program associations are back to default all my network settings are back to default. everything is hijacked by this stupid update that took me months to adjust

is there a program that will lock all my settings so the update cant change it

Do you mean the Anniversary Update? Regular updates shouldn't reset any settings.

The major revisions have reset some settings before.

not sure which one was it. it was few days ago
but this is I think 3rd time I had to change the settings back to where I want them

The anniversary update caused some weird settings problems. It was like an on/off setting I wanted to be off it would show as off but would act like it was on until I turned it on, then turned it back off.

not sure which one was it. it was few days ago
but this is I think 3rd time I had to change the settings back to where I want them

Well there's been 2 or 3 major updates...so... lol.

When you updated it and rebooted, did your computer go to a screen with a white ring w/ % on the entire screen and reboot several times? If so, those are basically "in place upgrades" of the OS to the next version.

Well there's been 2 or 3 major updates...so... lol.

When you updated it and rebooted, did your computer go to a screen with a white ring w/ % on the entire screen and reboot several times? If so, those are basically "in place upgrades" of the OS to the next version.

+1

Windows 10's version 1511 and version 1607 are known to do this. See this link for more information: https://goo.gl/DNq34u

again did it after update today its getting ridiculous

is there a way to lock the settings so nothing changes them except admin?

Was it a regular update or did you to the major update - that's the question that needs to be answered first of all. Look in your update history and post which ones were done if you don't know.

Back
Top Bottom